Reflective Conspicuity Tape
DOT-approved Reflective Materials
Our red and white reflective tape is DOT-approved to be used on commercial vehicles. Under US Department of Transportation regulation DOT C-2, trailers 80 inches wide or bigger must have retro-reflective sheeting to make all areas of the trailer visible in low-light conditions.
With prismatic lens technology, our reflective tape shines at night making roads safer for everyone.
Prismatic Lens Reflective Technology
The top three layers of our reflective tape are engineered to provide maximum visibility at multiple angles:
- The high-vis reflective layer captures light and reflects it back at its source.
- Above that, micro-enhancer bubbles, also called prismatic lenses, refract light across multiple angles. This means APT's reflective tape doesn't just send light straight back — it disperses it for maximum visibility at many angles of approach.
- The outermost layer is transparent and water-resistant, allowing visibility in many light and weather conditions.
In traffic or in hidden dark corners, people approaching areas outlined with APT reflective tape can stay safe and aware of their potentially dangerous surroundings.
Durable Reflective Tape
High-vis reflective tape is only as good as its durability. While the top layer is transparent for visibility, it's also resistant to:
- Everyday grime accumulation
- Brushing, scraping and tearing
- High pressure steam sprayers
- Fading from the sun
All reflective tape needs to be replaced regularly for everyone's safety, but APT reflective tape stands up well to road hazards and industrial environments.
Easy To Install and Remove
Underneath the high-vis reflective layer, a thick backing layer keeps your conspicuity markings in-place and straight. Once it's secured in place, our specially formulated high-tack adhesive keeps it there. For easy unrolling and installation, each roll has an installation liner that keeps our reflective tape from sticking to surfaces it shouldn't.
If you need to remove or replace your reflective tape, the adhesive won't damage paint.
APT reflective tape isn't just suited for the nation's highways. Its high-vis, durable properties make it great for:
- Marking entrances and exits
- Ledges and edges
- Bikes and motorcycles
- Protective equipment like helmets and vests
Whether you're a business owner keeping up with OSHA regulations or just want to make your private property that much safer, APT reflective tape can be an integral part of your safety plan.
Though we offer reflective tape in 25-foot or 75-foot-long rolls, each roll is:
- 2 inches wide
- 9 millimeters thick
- Adherant to steel at 80 ounces per inch
- Red and white
For regulated vehicles and machinery, we offer conspicuity markings with customized high-vis logos.
Bring APT Reflective Tape Into Your Home or Business
If darkness poses a threat to your safety or the safety of those around you, let APT reflective tape bring you peace of mind. Through high-tech reflective technology and superior durability, we're here to serve you.